This simple, yet seasonal Asparagus Salas pairs perfectly with a glass of Ernst Gouws & Co Sauvignon Blanc!
Ingredients: (serves 6)
- 15-30ml olive oil
- One bunch of green asparagus, trimmed if necessary.
- On a bunch of fine green beans, trimmed.
- Sale & Pepper.
- A bunch of rockets washed and drained.
- 100g toasted almonds.
- Shaved parmesan cheese (about 25-35g)
For the dressing
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated.
- 1 knob of fresh ginger, finely grated (optional)
- 10ml wholegrain mustard
- 30 ml lemon juice
- 90 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 30 ml finely grated parmesan cheese
- Salt & pepper
- Heat the oil in a large pan over high heat, then fry the asparagus & bean in batches for just a minute or two until they get some colour, but remain crunchy. Season well with salt & pepper, then remove from the heat and transfer to a cool plate.
- On a large platter, arrange the rocket, then top with grilled veg and toasted almonds.
- Use a vegetable peeler to shave parmesan shavings on top.
- Mix the ingredients for the dressing in a glass jar (shake vigorously with the lid covered), then drizzle all over the salad. Serve immediately.