Skip to content
Scroll to top
- 1.5 liter strong fermenting must, (2/3 days old).
- 4.5 kg cake flour
- 500 gr butter
- 500 ml lukewarm water
- 4 cups of sugar
- 10 ml salt
- 30 ml whole aniseed optional
- Mix flour and aniseed in a mixing bowl.
- Blend sugar, melted butter, water and salt.
- Add butter, water, sugar and salt mixture to the flour and aniseed.
- Add the must slowly until the dough is wet mixture. Dough must not be too soft.
- Add lukewarm water if you need more fluid.
- Knead 30 – 40 minutes.
- Cover the mixing bowl with a blanket or towel and leave to rise overnight.
- Do not knead down the following morning.
- Form small balls and place against each other in loaf pan.
- Allow rising again, 3 times the original size in lukewarm conditions.
- Place in oven at 180˚C for 1.5 hours until golden brown and cooked.
- Turn out onto wire racks, then brush immediately with sugar water.
- Leave to cool slightly, then eat warm or break into pieces and dry out in a cool oven at 70 ˚C overnight.